Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sudden end to tramping on Cape Brett

Under the temporary cast I now have bolts and pins on the outer ankle and bolts and wire on the inner ankle. I hope to be discharged tomorrow, and find a way to bumble through a few days at the Auckland YHA, then assistance from shuttle drivers and airport staff.

Not sure how I'll get my bike on the plane home, but fingers crossed.

It's one week exactly since I injured myself.

No riding or walking for at least 6 weeks.

Gosh, what a week it's been. My accident even got a mention in the local newspaper.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Just catching up on your adventures... the things you'll do to ride in a helicopter ;) Looks like you've been having "fun" ! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Col, Yes, definitely got a million $ view of the Bay of Islands, but only with one eye, as I was too darned frightened to open both.

      I plan to return to Cape Brett next time I get to NZ, and pick up the hike at the point where I left off.

      What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, etc.
      Cheers Cathy

      Delete
  2. Ouch, sorry I am just getting caught up on what's been happening. How is the healing going? I have lost your email address can you drop me a line. There is some news about Bob Hughes I need to tell you all about. Now that you are back in US we need to get together and as always
    Love
    Jim and Marion

    ReplyDelete