Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Munich's cafe culture

Once the parade and dancing Catholics from Africa, Bolivia and Croatia were done, the rain came back and we've all been shooed away from Marienplatz so they can disassemble the bleachers and the stage decorated with white and yellow daisy "pomades". I'd come to watch the elaborate glockenspiel in the tower of the new town hall, but it wasn't running, preempted by today's parade. I wandered around the main shopping drag with all the other tourists here. All the stores in Kaufinger Strasse are closed, as are most of the restaurants. People are heading for the beer halls and big plates of white sausage. I've found somewhere more to my taste, the Cafe Bricelta, in a little courtyard hidden in the main drag. I've had cappuccino and a tasty little Portuguese custard cake, and I'm so comfy now I want to curl up like a cat and watch the rain drip from the gay colored and sodden umbrellas outside on the deserted terrace restaurant.

Proves that sometimes you can get what you really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment