Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Kollwitz Strasse Saturday market

I was interested to find that, in Berlin anyway, the Saturday street markets are still setting up at 9am. Now, Berlin is hot in summer so I thought they'd have markets going in the cool morning. Nope, not here, the locals like to sleep in. Someone in the neighborhood is going to be hopping mad today. I saw a tow truck equipped with a crane about to lift an illegally parked car off the street so that the curry wurst vendor and a vegetable stall could set up in their assigned spot on the street. Here they don't just tow your car, they lift it out.
If I had somewhere to cook it, I'd buy some stuff from these guys. It's strawberry season so the baskets they're selling smell good.

No comments:

Post a Comment