Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

RIP Wm the Conqueror 2010 to 2013

I'm at Heathrow Terminal 3 sitting next to a guy playing a ukulele and ignoring the screaming kids. Air Canada leaves for Vancouver in an hour, and I'll be leaving it.
During my days in London I deliberately chose not to look at all the Bromptons in use, didn't shop for a new one, and managed to remain philosophical about my loss.
I prefer to remember the sorts of places I've been with William in our 3 years together. To New Zealand, to Utah, as well as to the Ballard Public Library and on my friends' sailboat for a day on Lopez Island.
Here's my great little bike at Lake Annecy.
We've had a great run and I miss my baby bike, badly on some days.
But it's "keep calm and carry on"
Maybe I'll replace Wm with a Wm the Second. Or maybe I won't.
It's really not about the bike.
I don't know who will buy my stolen bike. But honestly, whoever you are, all you're getting is a black bike of dubious provenance. What you'll never, ever get, is what that little bike let me do and see. Lowlife, What goes around, comes around. And I hope my Wm bucks your sorry ass off and lands you in the gutter a few times before he's sent to the scrap heap.
William the Conqueror, you rocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment