Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The new Paris Youth Hostel

This is the Pajol Auberge de la Jeunesse where I've stayed for my 3 nights in Paris.
It's a green building, the solar panels on the roof are powering the building. There are a few things that need to be fixed inside, like room lighting, wall hooks and an incorrectly installed shower head in my room: 204, and it's still unfinished, but it's an ambitious attempt to turn the tide on the squalor of this poor immigrant area of Paris.
Fortunately the long hours of summer daylight here makes the neighborhood seem relatively safe. Apparently the hostel has been underwritten by the local council as they badly want to change the perception around here.
I hope it works. The location is very good, which is the reason I chose ton stay here.
Tomorrow I go to Gare Du Nord for the 9:13am Eurostar to London. I bought a small hand trolley today for 17,00 Euros so I can transport my baggage as effectively as possible without my bike.
I am planning to stay with a good friend, and I'm sure that too will help cheer my mood.
And I like London a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment