Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Sunday market on Richard Lenoir Blvd

It was a long and warm walk to the Bastille and the market I knew was held there, but I told myself this morning that I would just walk across Paris, enjoying the beautiful hotels and cafes and then take the metro back to my hostel when I got footsore. This had been my plan anyway, although I'd planned to bike it not walk. But that's not going to happen.
Here's a great stall selling wild mushrooms and green beans.
I picked up some cherries and apricots and a slice of apple tart to eat later. I also did a little clothes shopping (this is Paris after all, and I now have an extra 33 lbs of space in my return luggage as I no longer have a bike to pack home.
I didn't buy anything too spectacular, just a pretty striped sailor top, the classic Matelot style from Brittany. Plus, for 5,00 Euros I bought a cute polka dot cotton scarf that will go nicely with my sailor shirt. Unfortunately, as it's Sunday, all the interfering little boutiques in the Marais, site of this market, will be shut, so I've contented myself with looking at Parisian women and how they dress smartly even when it's pretty hot. If I lost some weight I'd have a lot more choices I know, but there are plenty of women here who aren't thin yet look pretty good. They'll be my inspiration when I get back to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment