Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Friday, April 30, 2010

Why this blog

My company downsized on April 15 so I've just joined the other 9.5 million Americans who are job hunting during a tough recession. My last corporate job was specialized and challenging, and I'm not sure where to find another one like it. No worries. Being unemployed gives me something that corporate life had in very short supply: the gift of time. Now I can think about making a life vs. making a living. For me, "life" must include a lot of adventuring, so off I go. With 5 decades figuring out what I do and don't like to do, this blog will record my tentative steps, silly experiments, dead ends, near misses, abysmal failures and [I hope] outrageous successes as I learn by doing. As an educator, it's good to be positive, as in "if you're not making mistakes, you're not learning." By this definition I am a really big learner.

Years ago I read a book on financial independence called Your Money or Your Life [Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez]. No need for me to read it again, just implement it. If you want to, get it from your local public library as it's a bestseller. Or buy it from your favorite bookseller.

No comments:

Post a Comment