Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Friday, July 30, 2010

Back in Seattle


Flew back to Seattle on Thursday July 28. It will take me a few days to deal with jet lag.

42 pounds to take a private hire car from Epsom, and despite what's was listed on on Delta's on-line checkin website on July 27, at Heathrow I found that the airline had upped its fee by $50 for transporting "sports equipment, so it was $250 to shop my trusty steed back home. Sir Gulliver made it back safely, with a few more scratches on the frame, and a little pamphlet inside from the TSA telling me my bike box was opened and inspected.

In the foggy dawn of a Seattle morning I'm waking up and thinking I'm still somewhere in France. It feel odd not to hear the pigeons cooing and doing my morning run into town for a croissant and a cafe creme. Instead, it's time to mow the lawn and find a new job.

I've loaded my stash of digital photos on my Mac. I'm looking at my journals and will figure out how to turn those scribbles into some magazine articles and a book.

So, what's it like to ride in France?

Mont Saint Michel, Normandy, June 30, 2010.

That's what it's like.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady!

    Glad you made it back home safely. It looks like a fantastic experience.


    People ask how youare doing all the time...We miss ya!

    ReplyDelete