Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, June 13, 2015

8pm on Saturday near the Shilshole Msrina

I'm finishing my day with dinner at the beach. I have plans to ship a bike tot daughter on the East Coast, so I went looking for a couple of free cardboard bike boxes at a bike store where I know they usually put them in the dumpster. But nothing tonight. So I went next door to Whole Foods, bought some mozzarella to go with the stuffed artichoke I'd made earlier, and brought my fold up chair to enjoy the view of the Olympics. I watvhed these boaters girl their mainsail and motor in. I now know how and why sailors do this.
This morning I did volunteer orientation at the Center for Wooden Boats, and I hope to work in the boat shop over the next few months. I rode my bike down to Lake Union and had lunch in a brew pub popular with the local Amazon.com locals.
It's been a lovely day. I feel blessed to have this, literally, on my doorstep,

No comments:

Post a Comment