Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Leaving Portlamd on Amtrak

Nice alpenglow on Mt Hood a finale to my Pacific Coast bike trip, closing the circle by returning to my starting point. The riding was exhausting and difficult at times, as was the Hwy 101 road conditions and traffic of logging trucks and enormous RVs. But it was worthwhile, spending long hours by myself, turning the cranks in time with my thoughts. This year has been terribly difficult for me and will continue as such, for how long I cannot know. I am left alone, to pick up the pieces of a life I never expected to change with such sudden cruelty. It is perfectly possible to weep and ride my bike at the same time, without crashing, because I've done so for 18 days. I grieve that these beautiful scenes are mine alone, and no longer can shared. Love is not kind. It is not fair. I must distrust it for the present. Things are so very confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment