Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Off the John Wayne Ski trail

I did my solo Sunday skate ski outing to Snoqualmie Pass. Blessed with dry and bare roads and I caught the groomer laying tracks on his lunchtime turn. Made it 5 miles to here then another 5 back. Wonderful for my soul but my damaged right knee decided to remind me of its need for some love and attention at the 7 mile point. However I feel so fortunate to be able to drive about 65 miles from my doorstep and be in a winter wonderland like this. Seattle can have grim weather but then it delivers this sort of thing. February starts tomorrow. I'm glad this first month is done and I've passed through a sad anniversary. A year ago I returned from my teaching assignment in China.
To the past I say thank you. To the future I say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment