Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Monday, October 23, 2017

Seen on my Saturday morning bike ride

Now that "the big wet" is upon us, it'd be a crime not to take the bike out between October storms. On one of my preferred routes, in a godlike sunny morning, I've been noticing progress on this DADU (detached accessory dwelling unit) aka granny flat, for a while. This one is actually 2 units, on a major arterial road, abutting a light industrial area, but given the constraints,
I think it works. I fantasize about building a "tiny" in my backyard as a crash pad for me when I am retired and traveling 50% -90% of the year. Like V. Woolf wrote, women need a place of their own. But the logistics and cost of doing one of these properly in the gung ho supercharged Seattle real estate environment of 2017, well, I haven't broken ground (yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment