Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Friday, February 2, 2024

Flax near a deer farm

In sum, the ride was worthwhile. Had conditions been better I could have continued towards Peregrine and Chard Farm wineries, and tested out the full range of power assist. The seat was too low and I had no tools to adjust, but I needed to do something that would rest the nasty blister I'd developed the day before during hard sidewalk walking and tracking down my wrongly delayed and delivered backpack. A good reminder that you really have to double check what is obvious and expect lacksadaisical "service" in NZ. Usually it's a minor annoyance but in this case it was a serious matter. But you just can't guarantee you've covered all the bases as this is a real independent traveler trip. But I think it's worthwhile to pack your bike on the plane. I need to look into an ebike Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment