Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wrapping it up in Adelaide

Today's my last day in Adelaide. Sort of bittersweet, but so it goes. I walked by the Adelaide City Council offices this morning, and added my comments to Adelaide's strategic plan. I noticed lots of bike comments on the various feedback notice boards, but the woman I spoke with said she'd not heard of anyone suggesting putting bike racks on the city busses. So, now they have the suggestion.

I love the way they solicit feedback. The pavement outside the council chambers are painted like a rainbow carpet, and they offer wooden "sofas" to sit on, while you give your feedback.

Way to go!

I also enjoyed "Ride to Work" day in mid-October. Lovely day to ride in (sunny, as always, in this mediterranean climate) and lots of cyclists hanging out, briefly, to spread the word. Seems like Adelaide has a nice bike community. It's a pity I didn't get the chance to get more involved, but it was nice to visit, for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment