Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Okahune Sleepy Sunday

The weather can't make its mind, neither can I.

Woke to another day of drizzle  5th day in a row. Lucky for me I'd planned only to do laundry (wash the papa aka mudstone splatters off my knee warmers, and buy groceries at the New World supermarket. Later, a cappuccino and chat with Jo, owner of the Station Cafe, at the Okahune railway station, where I watched the 2pm Tranz Scenic stop for a few Wellington bound passengers

Given the crappy weather I'm planning one more day,to ride the Old Coach Road on another rental, then back on the road. If weather cooperates, I'll head to Wanganui, then swing back north via New Plymouth. If not, I may go to W'ton, catch the InterIslander and ride top of South Island, which has been sunny.

I'm running out of reasons to tolerate soaked booties and a bike caked in loose wet tar and gravel.

It's been an exceptionally.wet summer in the North Island, according to the NZ newspapers.

Yes, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment