Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, May 7, 2017

29 Pines on the West Teanaway road for Sat night

Camping used to be free here but now you need a Discover Pass. Don't have one but too early for anyone to collect anyway. Was mid-30s last night so my sun shower froze. Couldn't heat it properly yesterday on car top anyway due to ferocious wind. I ended up skipping the up and over via 97 as the wind gusts were brutal and there was a lot of traffic going the same way. I didn't want to be blown into an RV. So I rode Hwy 10 all the way back. Lightly trafficked but it still 3 hours, 1 hour longer than the outbound with the tailwind, and I had to walk a few hills as the wind gusts were just too scary and blowing the bike over. I ate left overs for dinner and slept warm because I'd cleverly remembered to pack in a sleeping bag liner. I set up a tent as I figured it would be warmer than simply kipping in the back of the Honda. Got warm by about 9am plus I'd brought wood for a morning campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment