Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Happy Christmas to me

One year ago I was sitting on the roof of my desert haveli guesthouse in Jaipur, India, having a "modest" Indian meal under the stars. This year, I'm having an excellent vegetable tian, with green salad and a glass of McLaren Vale Shiraz/Mourvèdre at Scarlett in Sydney. My "holiday" trip to Australia is winding down. I've visited my elderly Mom in her memory care home up in Queensland, and borne witness to yet another life change. It's not easy. Loneliness periodically tears its ugly head, but, when I'm rested, I beat it back with a substantial stick. Go to hell, regrets! Stuff you. You serve no purpose. While it would be nice to have a companion with whom I could share this experience, I don't. What I do have is knowledge, hope, courage, and, on occasion, patience.
I no longer seek love, but I would welcome it with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment