Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Inside Sydney Domestic Airport

I'm waiting for my last flight, SYD to OOL, on Virgin Australia. I listed non-rev on Tiger Airlines, but it checked in full, so I just bought a one way at the last moment. I guess I don't feel like staying in Sydney tonight and trying non rev again tomorrow. It's just not worth it. I'm so very tired after a 14-hour flight from LAX, wedged into a middle seat on the 777. I ignored all the inflight entertainment on offer, disciplining myself to take successive naps with my head resting on a travel pillow set on the tray table. It's peculiar, works after a fashion, but it's not an activity to be recommended. It's a darned long trip to Australia, with no chance to stretch out across an empty seat, or of being bumped into a more comfortable seat. Flying during the holidays is exhausting. I forgot just how so. Last year I came to Australia in August, treating it as a vacation rather than a family obligation. It will be nice to see my family in Queensland for a few days once I've had a decent sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment