Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Thursday, March 3, 2022

I need a day off

Dinner for one in Ballard tonight. Strozzapreti with lamb sugo after endive and frisée salad with cashews and an excellent glass of red wine. With mandatory 20% service and tax, it was expensive but I skipped the nice but nothing spectacular desserts as I've started a fast from expensive caloric pastries for the next 40 days I hope. I want to break my carb habit. It's related to boredom, stress and loneliness and it's hurting my health. It will be difficult but I will try. March often is like this. After winter, after covid restrictions after all that going badly in the world. But on today's walk to Ballard and a marine upholstery store I saw first cherry blossoms and daffodils are unwrapping. Be patient. Soon it's spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment