Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Monday, March 28, 2022

Roadside architecture

My anti clockwise circuit gave me the opportunity to study Thorp from a new direction. Very strong side winds so I realized my choice of lower route best for today. Looked for somewhere out of the wind to eat a late lunch. This throwback to the 1950s offered a worn shelter with picnic tables so I walked to the counter to get a chocolate milkshake. A good decision as the ride back to Cle Elum was stiff headwinds the whole way. My shoulders will hurt after this stress so I'm taking Tylenol tonight. This ride was 44.5 miles at my new set point of 9.5mph so I'm pleased I could do it. The ridges south of I-90 are always pretty in that sparse vegetation desert climate of Eastern Washington. And the views of the Enchantments were inspirational. It will be nice to return in warmer fully sunny weather next month when the lupin and arrow leaf are blooming. Still held in the grip of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment