Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Friday, August 30, 2019

My guest house

While it looks romantic, my ground floor room is a little beaten up. Pros: the A/C works, there's hot water in the shower, and the bed linen is clean. Cons: bathroom should be cleaner. Don't care for a bar of used soap left in shower soap dish, and the "free" stained slippers left by an earlier guest also going in the trash can, right alongside the soap. I packed toiletries as usual, but I went back and checked the Agoda.com booking I made. In the fine print I see toiletries aren't listed. When compared to the other rooms photographed, I see I have a cheaper but inferior room. I will ask for a price discount tomorrow when I officially check in and pay. Today being a public holiday, the woman who helped me wasn't in a rush to do the formalities.
One of the drawbacks of doing onwards reservations while traveling. I'm more used to booking.com but it's blocked in Turkey as far as I can tell. So the layout of fine print is unfamiliar.

No comments:

Post a Comment