Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Valentine’s Day

Loved this natural heart shaped gravel bar. Today's ride wa about 29 miles from a parking spot a few miles east of the real start in Renton. I wanted to conserve some energy to make it to the gravel trail end near Landsburg. The 5 miles (each way) makes for a different ride. Less traffic noise less traffic and fewer pedestrians. The riparian areas and mossy forest are lovely and remind me of the beautiful bits of the C&O I rode in the TransAm. Managed a decent Average speed of 11.2 which meant I upped the effort successfully on the dirt. The rails to trails I experienced last year gave me confidence to do it on my trusty 520 tourer. In a few weeks the hawthorn will bud out. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment