Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On to Tuatapere and the Humpridge Track

I booked a private tramp today: the Humpridge, which is at the bottom of Fiordlands NP, next stop Stewart Island. I had the choice of doing this one, or sticking around Te Anau for a few days then heading off on the Kepler Great Walk. I decided $51/night was a bit steep to sleep in a mountaintop bunk house with 30 of my closest smelliest hiker friends.

I'm going with Trips & Tramps again tomorrow for the shuttle to the town at the start of the 3 day trail. This one is a bit more expensive than the Great Walk, but I get my pack helicoptered into the first lodge, and there will be a hot shower and a warm bed with SHEETS! waiting for me.

Sounds like my sort of trip.

I've had to adjust my trip planning due to the earthquake in CHCH. There's still lots of conjecture and little hard information to go on. I have a flight from CHCH in just on 2 weeks' time. It makes no sense to go into the quake zone unless I have to. I have to figure out how to get to the airport, etc. All in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment