Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Lunch at Cafe Paris in Reykjavik

Today's actually raining, though nothing to a Seattleite with the right raingear. So, I'm wandering around, window shopping then stopping for a meal in a restaurant recommended in The Rough Guide that I've brought with me courtesy of Seattle Public Library. My excellent Saturday lunch of crepe salee (savory) stuffed with ham, gruyere, basmati rice and vegetables, with a side of mushroom sauce. Called Fronsk ponnulaka, it costs ISK 3090 about $26. This is a very popular place with pleasant local servers wearing black T-shirts with things like "If you meet an Icelander and he is strange he is likely elf" and "don't stay up late with troll because in the morning you will turn into one."
I'm heading to Volcano House to see the movies of the eruptions of Eyjafjallajokull, the 2010 air traffic stopper, plus the 1973 eruption on Heimaey, in the Vestmannaeyjar (Westman Islands). I'm going for an overnight on Heimaey on Monday, so this is a good pre trip activity. Plus, as the museum brochure states "The weather is always nice here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment