Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Biking by ferry and Story Telling + Cycling

In last Saturday's The Guardian [May 22, 2010], there was a Travel special headlined: Driving force/How strikes and the ash cloud are getting us back on Europe's roads. This summer, everyone is dealing with (literally) a perfect storm of air travel nightmares: the on-again/off-again rolling slowdowns caused by Iceland's burping volcano, plus a British Airways cabin crew strike. One article Roll On, Roll Off is about avoiding planes, and taking the ferry to Europe. Hey, that's what I'm doing in about 2 weeks! Wow! I planned right?! I'm going via Calais, but if I'd wanted to ride through SE England and leave from Plymouth, likely I could have taken the Brittany Ferries to Roscoff. It's possible to load the bike on National Rail in London and get off in Plymouth if I'd wanted.

Another article Pedaller of myths covers an interesting entrepreneur who offers organized bike rides led by a storyteller. I don't have time to go to Scotland on this trip, but next time, I might check out Andy Hunter's Storybikes

A very good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment