Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday on the Regent Canal Towpath





Today I took the tube to Camden Town, pushed through the Saturday flea market crowds, then walked 2 1/2 miles along the Regent Canal. Hmm, last time I was in London, T-Rex and the Sex Pistols were playing on the radio because, basically,they were new. Now I walk by a street vendor blasting out my past and it's enough to make me do a double take. So down along the tow path, to recover, and watch the gaily decorated barges, or what are called narrowboats around here, motor in the canal. Here's where I stumble upon London's current graffiti artist "I'm-more-authentic-than-you" feud. Another double-take. Time to wrap it up with an evening visit to the Tate Modern, which happens to be celebrating its 10-year anniversary this weekend. Weather today is what they're describing as "ice cream weather," so you don't want to waste a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment