Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another view of Nelson bike path

Final shot, which I took using my I-phone. At the end point of the cycleway, just outside Richmond, if you follow the bike path signs to Moteuka and SH60, you reach Waimea Winery, where you can do some wine tasting among the trellises.

How perfect is that? The Nelson region is the far side of Malborough, which is New Zealand's most famous wine making region. The whites and "varietals" like pinot noir are excellent.

I bought a bottle of Pick and Shovel, a Central Otago pinot noir, on sale in the supermarket for $20 NZD and took it with me on a 3-day sea kayaking trip in Abel Tasman National Park. Golden sand, blue, blue water and sunny weather. A real campaign poster for "Natural New Zealand" the current tourism push, if ever there was one. Still, there is trouble in paradise. Lots of hungry little black sand flies, that like to bite you on the shins.

No comments:

Post a Comment