Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ach wie Schoen!

I was astonished to see this extraordinary display of dirndls in a specialty store close to the beer restaurant where I had dinner this evening. Seems the weather dried a bit while I was in the Augustinier. It's all very dark and cave-like inside so easy to miss it. Outside dozens of relieved people were out window shopping on Neuhauser Strasse, and the terrace restaurants had quickly set up their outside tables to grab some business.
This store is either called Wies'n Tracht & mehr or Original Steindl. I can't really tell. I picked up one of their catalogs inside the store, and it seems to be selling its wares with a great sense of humor, using mustachioed and tatooed guys in lederhosen alongside pretty Barbie like girls models who wave the axes, beer steins and other accessories needed for a life in Bavaria.
I laughed so much I almost wanted to buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment