Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Friday, May 24, 2013

First Bike By Rail of my trip

Here's my luggage at 11am today heading to Schwabisch Hall via Stuttgart. Chose to cover the bike with its stealth cover but no one cared so will skip in future. Lucky trains not overcrowded so I had room to hoist things up and down two sets of train carriage steps: the ICE (intercity long distance fast) and the milk run slow train to Nurnburg. Always an inconvenience for a solo traveler.
It will take me a while to master correct train jumping but failure just isn't an option and well I know it.
Weather cloudy, and cold as heck but no real rain today, thankfully though it did hail a little when boarding the local. Where is the warmth of a german spring i wonder? All riders angry as Deutsche Bahn has done some staff layoffs so now the local trains are, "Gott im Himmel!" Efficient Germany now running late. Coming from USA, this makes me smile.Train service failures and ubiquitous ugly artless graffiti on buildings all over are the first sign of economic stress here that's obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment