Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Sunday hike in greater Tongling

On November 2, I was invited for a hike in the country by a Chinese friend from "English Salon." "Salon" is my regular Friday night gig where 2 other English speaking ex-pats and I volunteer for English conversation with interested Chinese locals. Anyway, turns out most of the hiking was on small roads past traditional Anhui farmhouses, canals, rice fields, duck ponds and market gardens in a semi-rural community outside the city center. Hard to walk on for any length of time. Footsore, eventually Zhang (John) and I caught the No. 35 bus back to Tongling. Maybe next time I'll ride it on my bike. Still fun to discover something new about Tongling with the help of a knowledgeable local.

No comments:

Post a Comment