Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Something I'll be happy to wear on the streets of Seattle

Today I bought this understated (by Chinese standards) scarf decorated with cowboy boots and stars for 80 yuan ($12) in a boutique in the underground mall I walk through when crossing the street to reach my bus stop. The shop has an unbeatable name for a native of Australia's sunshine state: "Queenxlan". Of course, this item is oozing with contradictions. Sewn into the seam is an all-English label saying "100% silk, made in Italy". It also has a little plastic medallion hanging from it, with interlocking capital C's. Now, if it really was this brand, the scarf wouldn't be sewn crooked in places, plus the price would have at least 2 more zeros on it. It's not silk, but it has a feel like wool, which is great. Great for the coming cold weather. It's almost like something vintage western style that you'd buy at Pendleton's of Oregon. I can easily hide the ridiculous fake C's, instead enjoy the patriotic theme. Plus, I'm all set for my next rodeo. And to think I found it in Tongling!

No comments:

Post a Comment