Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Congdon Creek Camp Ground on Kluane Lake

Yukon Parks is experimenting with allowing tents in July and August at this waterfront campground frequented by Grizzlies in berry season. I watched a grizzly grunt up and onto the Highway about 25 miles earlier on my drive from Tok, AK to Haines Junction, YK. For $CDN 12 I could "enjoy" a good night's sleep inside an electric fenced enclosure far away from the lake front scenery in a grove of newly hacked spruce that reminded me a of clear cut. WTF!? I considered just sleeping in the back of my Honda Element after emptying it of non-bear attractants, like my bike, spare tire, dry bags of tools and tent gear. Knowing that yogi might decide to rip open anything I left out, I decided to drive on to Haines Junction and a hostel bunk bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment