Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, May 16, 2021

1:30pm Day 3 Brunswick MD

Well despite the weather deteriorating as I drove in from VA, things suddenly became very pretty and obviously historic. This is Civil War country. Rolling wheat fields already ready to harvest. To get bearings, and safely plug in my fading iPhone while operating the van with its full trailer at high speed (40-55-65 mph, it's been changing since I left the George Washington Memorial Parkway out of DC , I exited an interstate I. A place called Jefferson, which is a long street of very old brick and wood houses. I'm working a trip and this is a 58 mile day for the riders. My co-leader is riding sweep and I'm van hauling and checking into campground #1, with a goal of 2pm arrival. I'm rainy an hour, so avoiding a $25 early checkin fee(!) by parking in a gravel lot off the C&O trail, near a shunting yard in Brunswick,

No comments:

Post a Comment