Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

In Crystal City

There was a bit of rough air on descents into both Detroit and DC, and wearing the mask in flight the whole time seemed to amplify my queasiness. But I didn't throw up and made to baggage claim, $6 to rent a luggage cart, along with several opportunities to get it jammed in elevator. In both DCA and at the hotel. I suspect the hotel doesn't cater to cyclists so they're not prejudiced, and I might just assemble Sir Gulliver in the room and carry it outside. The box is filled with tools, disposal gloves, and rags. It also contains a clip on back fender, and a set of 700x28 tires, which I plan to swap after all rails-to-trails riding is over, for the 35s on bike now. It actually weighed 51 pounds, but the Delta gate agent didn't fret about that. The TSA in Seattle0 split it open to look inside for contraband, bombs, etc., then duct taped it shut and replaced my 3 blue heavy duty straps. Oversized baggage was staffed by a bike rider, so that likely helped.
Now it's time to eat at an Italian family restaurant a block from the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment