Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Saturday afternoon on the South Side of Pittsburgh

Today's main event for me is catching up on trip accounting, filing an accident report for a rider who became seriously dehydrated on Day 5 (Hancock to Cumberland MD) "pound that water, people, oh my goodness, checking the kitchen boxes to provision Sunday's breakfast and lunch for riders. My co leader is doing the van, so I get to ride 63 miles to Wheeling , WV. If I get a good rest tonight I think I can do it. Not much time to tourist in Pittsburgh, but I walked up E. Carson street to get lunch. There's outside seating at Carmella's, a dark cave-like place with an interior bar wallpapered with liquor bottles, and an impressive draft beer list. It's terribly muggy, with high overcast, so I'm doing huevos rancheros and oj with cranberry juice, and enjoying the sound of guys gunning their engines and squealing the tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment