Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Let’s hear it for the wives and partners of these 10 happy guys

My co-leader and I are single, and one benefit of that nonmarital status is that we have no hassles when we decide to take off bike touring. Every one of the riders I've talked with so far has been appreciative of their kind other halves. Several gals said "no way will you tour by yourself!" but a group ride passed muster. Taking off for 75 days, without major impact to income, bill paying, etc., isn't something everyone gets to do. I hope I get to meet some of these women during or after the trip. When I had a spouse, I was that rarity who said, "sure, if it makes you happy, I'm not jealous, go for it." I didn't realize at the time just how unusual that trust was. Cue the ruefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment