Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Monday, July 8, 2013

8am on a Monday at Gare du Nord

Dealt with utter chaos at the "Halle Londres" but still managed to find one ticket kiosk to print my official Eurostar ticket, and left Paris on the 9:15am now 55 minutes late.
It felt strange not to be fighting my way through this mob without my folding bike, but that's the way it has to be.
I left the hostel at 6:30am this morning, walking one last time through a rough neighborhood, streets littered with stale baguettes and a large suitcase, perhaps stolen from the very station I was leaving from. Paris is always such a contrast to the lovely villages that for the rest of the country.
I don't hate Paris, though, despite my misfortune and being suddenly, woman not on her bike.
I will surely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment