Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Preparing for Sunday's event

I'm not sure if this sign is aimed at motorists, cyclists, or both.
Tomorrow on my ride to the station and my onward journey to Paris, I might take another look at the "cyclist village" set up down town. A pity I won't be around to see it, as it's a big event.
I passed large groups of cyclists on the piste, all gabbling away in French, German, Dutch and Russian. I also picked up my first example of "trail booty" a brand new inner tube some racer had dropped from his/her bike jersey, along with a small metal attachment you put over presta valves to use a pump set for a schrader tube. Never seen anything like that before. It's something I've learned from bike events, just how much stuff racers drop as they blast off down the road. Back home I've picked up phones, bike pumps, rear lights still flashing and all sorts of other booty dropped by the crazed gazelles of cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment