Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Picking Up the Pieces

Here's part of the theft report I filed with the Paris police. Of course I know it's a formality. I have idea if my travel insurance will pay anything. I took the insurance for the emergency medical evacuation coverage, given my spectacular solo hiking accident in Mew Zealand in 2011. My lovely baby bike, William the Conqueror, is gone, stolen by some lowlife bastard who will file off the registration and sell it on.

Well my little bike is gone, and I can't do a damned thing about that.
Of course, I'm crying as I write this post. I feel very lost without my mate and as I'm traveling alone, it's a very private sort of grief.
I will grieve for a while, and then get back on my bike, somewhere else, I just don't quite know where right now.
A bientot, Mon petit copain.

No comments:

Post a Comment