Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rest Day in Annecy

A pity I won't be here on Sunday. There's a citizen's ride of the stage 20 for the Tour de France, which will be here on July 20. I've seen a bunch of cyclists chugging up the hill that goes by the hostel. They're riding to the summit of Semnoz, from here 17km of grades between 7 and 9%.
No wonder they're huffing puffing. If IBM
I tried it on Wm basically I'd be walking and pushing the bike for at least 15 of those km. with my 6 gears, no amount of stomping on the pedals would keep me in the saddle. Wm is designed for tooling around the streets of London. I need my other bike, a Trek Pilot, to do this sort of climb and I haven't got the preparation anyway. My road bike is awaiting my return to Seattle in mid-July.
Today is light rain, and I need to rest my knee, so I'm passing the time in the hostel's rec room, which has the lovely lake and mountain view. I plan a little balade en velo later today, around at least part of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment