Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

V&A art library

Queen Victoria would recognize the library in her museum still.
The whole place is a place that's so inspirational. I came out at 5pm closing time knowing that Beatrice Potter meticulously recreated several outfits in the V&A in The Tailor of Gloucester.
I also saw a wonderfully touching multimedia exhibit on the Camden music halls that longer exist.
I also appreciate just how knowledgable the docents are. One of the special shows at the moment is a 1980s fashion review called Club to Catwalk. Today was members day, so not open until tomorrow for the general public. The V&A's costume collection is substantial and the galleries were mobbed with mostly young women dreaming of a career in fashion. I can relate to them. I was all over the textile books and lovely things made from Wm Morris designs in the store. It's something about London that I've always loved. There's a real love of fine fabrics and skilled craftsmanship that distinguishes this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment