Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Friday, March 24, 2017

Valley of the Kings

What lies beneath these locked doors is quite remarkable and worth the effort. However, the poorly paid guards are desperate for tips and get up to all sorts of antics. The last thing I answer is: "Hello hello lady where are you from?" If you do 10 Egyptian pounds turns quickly into 10 US dollars. I bring my own flashlight and consult a guidebook when examining some of the extravagant tomb wall paintings. This means I won't be paying bakheesh for "guiding". Such preparation is unwelcome. I dealt with an aggressive verbal assault by a tomb "guard" who thought he could intimidate a woman tourist. Raising one's voice to someone who's lived in New York is not smart.
Nil mish mish. In your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment