Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Culinary Tourism in Freiburg

The weather is gray with rain showers, hiking in a pretty sun dappled forest isn't gonna happen today, so I chose to treat myself to lunch at Sichelschmeide, which has "seasonal regional cuisine and good value", according to my American guidebook, by local Washington State travel king Rick Steves. It's taken me a while to move from my exclusive use of Lonely Planet, Rough Guide and Michelin Green Guides, but Mr Steves has an affinity with Germany, and his back door guide has proved generally good for my month in Germany. There's been 2 instances of accomodation recommendations that have proved splendidly misguided, but I like his "art history for amateurs" walking tours.
The recommendation for this restaurant is spot on, and proved by the quartet of French tourists lingering over lunch in the cozy half timbered interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment