Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Friday, June 28, 2013

Veloroute du canal de la Bruche

Today dawned cool but dry, so my activity was a day of riding our of Strasbourg and into the Alsatian Wine Road of Molsheim. Supposedly about 32km from the Passarelle something footbridge, that connects to the Piste des Forts, a cross border route that goes near my hostel at the Jardin des Deux Rives. I picked up the tail by heading to the Cathedral, then following a variety of directions gleaned from 2009 Guide to Cycling France, and a free Strasbourg city cycling map that the TI gave me. I estimate it's 5km from the junction with the Passerelle footbridge back to the cathedral, and at least 5km from my hostel to the cathedral via the city cycle paths along the Route du Rhin, so today's jaunt will click at about 45km. I plan to take the SNCF train back to Strasbourg instead of doing a full out and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment