Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Monday, June 24, 2013

Off to Freiburg for more Black Forest?

The weather has been rainy the last two days, and I don't think there's much change ahead. There's no wifi at the hostel, only 4,00/hr internet on their computer, so i had to use a computer in an internet cafe in town yesterday. All my blog posts are stockpiling until I get wifi. I am thinking of extending my stay at the hostel in Baden, and doing a day trip tomorrow to Freiburg. If I leave early enough I can do some more forest hiking and I don't have to drag my gear. I'd hoped to camp in the BF, but with wet weather it's hardly worth it. If the weather is a repeat of today, i can hike in the rain then find a cafe if clears. The trip should be all of 45 minutes and i can leave Wm locked at the station. My DB rail pass has 4 punches to go as the ride from Munich didn't get punched by the conductor, and it doesn't expire til June 29.
I've done preliminary online research on the cost of going to France, and it's cheaper to leave from Baden Baden, and I don't have to change trains twice.
So, as long as a bunch of kids haven't overtaken my hostel, I'll base camp the next night at least.
This is my last week in Germany so I'm trying to do what makes most sense. I like the Black Forest I've seen, so am happy to do some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment