Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Passarelle Deux Rives over the Rhine

There's supposed to be a free symphony concert and fireworks tonight as the signature event of something called Fete sur le Rhin, a French/German party for the 50th anniversary of the treaty of the Élysées and the 20th anniversary of some trams frontier institutions, I guess EU stuff.
But it's been postponed until Sunday evening due to crappy weather.
So, on Saturday night at 7pm I'm sitting on a park bench on the German side of he Rhine listening to a Germsn band play things like Achy Breaky Heart and Ring of Fire.
I plan to buy a crepe from a booth if it looks good, then walk back over the bridge to France, and have an early night at my hostel.
I hope the weather is clear on Sunday as i still want to go out on the bike again.

No comments:

Post a Comment