Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Friday Night in Hostel Street (Senefeldstr)

This is a display of extraordinarily pretty beer mugs for sale near Marienplatz.
Last night, after my soggy return from a nice cafe near Asam Kirche, I sat in the lobby of my backpacker, enjoying the great cover band in the bar and the energy of the crowd. I decided I might as well get involved as my 5 bed dorm is directly above the bar and it was going to be a long night.
I'll say.
Sometime in the wee hours of early Saturday, one of my earplugs fell out and I heard, every word loud and clear, an extremely drunk American in the hall having a loud fight with his family somewhere back home.
Shortly after this bit of off the street theatre ended, two of my roomies burst into the dorm, stage whispering in a language that I'd not heard before. As the s**tfaced young woman started to cling crazily to bunk bed, crying and choking back big noisy sobs, her male companion was admonishing her, on the weirdest Irish I've ever heard, to go to sleep as she was so drunk as he wanted to go back out to eat.
Gott im Himmel.
Now around here the Muncheners describe their beer as "liquid food".
I'm guessing both sets of my young neighbours had drunk enough beer during tonight's partying to have filled every one of these nice steins.
I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment