Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas yogurt in Delhi

Fresh tart yogurt with pomegranate and nigella seeds, green and red apple, and a sprinkling of cardamom. All beautifully presented in a parfait coupe.
I'm such a very long way from both my American home and the woman I used to be. It's barely Christmas morning in the USA where one part of my family lives, yet it's already Boxing Day for the Aussie part. But I feel perfectly connected to all parts, through our mutual love of travel outside the 1st world. My brother is visiting my niece, who's teaching English in Japan. My daughter should be back from working a round trip Xmas eve flight to Havana from NYC. I'm sitting in an upscale "New" Delhi Sikkim Nepali restaurant capping off another day of adventure in India. The Delhi ladies in the metro today were dressed in festive Xmas colors, especially the all-Asia favorite, red, and enjoying this "loaner" holiday from the West. When I walk back to the guesthouse in early dusk, I'll pass the group of laughing Indian guys wearing Santa hats, congregating on the street around a cheerful wood fire burning bright in an old wok. The world can be such a wonderful place in moments such as these.
Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men.
Make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment