Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, December 18, 2016

India's Red Robin

I found this reinvented upscale take on Punjabi highway food, called Dhaba by Claridges at a food mall at Nehru Place, one stop further on my regular metro route. With taxes and tip it's easily 4x what you'd pay in real India, but there's no air pollution in here and the too-clean-to- be-real Tata truck is strung with tassels and painted "Blow Horn" and "Keep Distance " on the back, just the way it's done outside. I first saw the craziness of these beasts in Chitwan in Nepal. They are beyond dangerous on the mountain roads up there. There's some driving around Delhi but I guess the city is too congested for them. Instead, the gaily decorated words, flowers and symbols appear on the tuk tuks here. Haven't seen any tuk tuks decorated with Lord Krishna yet, but I imagine it's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment