Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

In the lobby of the Imperial

It's very nice, and very impressive because I know it's all real. This isn't Las Vegas. It's the old stalwart of the British Raj, only one of the foreign invaders/rulers of Delhi, before Indian Independence in 1947. The last time I was in a place like this was in Hong Kong's Peninsula Hotel where I splurged on brunch because that was what I wanted to do. Who knows who actually owns this place these days? Maybe a Middle Eastern billionaire? So long as they dish out the finger sandwiches and tea cakes on the 3-tier cake stand, I won't second guess myself on the cost. I'm doing what I need to do to get through the doldrums of being sick and depressed while on the road.




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment